Saturday 28 July 2012

An End to Eternal Hunger

http://www.amazon.com/For-Evermore-Eternal-Hunger-ebook/dp/B008Q3VKVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343539281&sr=8-1&keywords=for+evermore+francene

For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
(Psalm 16:10,11)
Today is a very proud day for me as I finally finished the last book in my Eternal Hunger novella series. When I made the first three books in the series available on Amazon a couple of months ago I said the next two would  be finished by June and July respectively. I've just made this self-imposed deadline with book five, For Evermore, and I must admit I've been a bit obsessive this week about gettting it finished to the neglect of everything else in my life. It's not like I expected to be bombarded with emails from irate fans who are hanging out for the final installment (I wish!), it's more about the personal satisfaction of completing what I started.

I don't know about others, but when I finish writing something I have a sense of how good it is. Of course there are wide variations in taste, but I can generally tell if something is total garbage or a decent standard. Strangely with this novella series I have no idea. I had a beta reader lined up for the first novella, but after I sent her a copy she dropped off the face of the earth (never a good sign LOL). A few friends have read them and remained conspicuously silent, and I really don't like asking because I don't want to put people in an awkward situation. My aunty downloaded the first book but then said she didn't like vampire books and wasn't going to finish it. A few hundred copies have been dowloaded for free through KDP select but the only real feedback I've had is from a reader on Goodreads who gave one of the books a three-star rating, which I was quite pleased with considering she only read the second book in the series.

So I'm sending this series out into the world with no real idea if the plot hangs together, the character's motivations ring true or my attempt to weave current events into a paranormal love story works. And you know what, I really don't care . I've had such fun writing the novellas that it doesn't matter if no one else appreciates the full series or even reads it. Eternal Hunger touches on subjects that are very close to my heart and which I don't believe get addressed nearly enough in contemporary fiction considering how important they are.

I didn't set out to write with any particular agenda in mind but its been interesting to see the issues and themes that are emerging in my books, and which I think will continue to pop up in everything I write. People who don't share my leftist views will never appreciate my books, but I've come to realize that you have to write about what you believe in, and let the rest of the world take it or leave it.

The entire novella series is now also available in a single edition for $2.99. Below is the cover which is recycled from Greater Love (Book #4). My marketing guru husband informs me it's a bad move to use the same cover again, and he's probably right but I liked this cover so much I just had to re-use it! (Thanks LFD Designs for Authors, who created all the covers for this series as well as for Prude & Prejudice.)

Now that this series is finished I'm going to try to take a break from writing for a while before getting stuck into my next project, which is a half-finished novella (women's fiction). I have another few ideas in the pipeline, including a sci-fi thriller, an historical romance and a contemporary novel (my first attempt at literary fiction). I'm still not even close to finding out what genre is right for me, and maybe I never will, but I'm having a lot of fun trying out different things. My online graduate creative writing course starts next week and I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the craft of writing. The first subject is called Literature and the Political which I get the feeling I'm going to like quite a lot.


The Eternal Hunger series combines elements of classic vampire tales with contemporary global events to create a unique and gripping storyline.

Lucia West is enjoying her bachelorette party at a nightclub when she is bitten by a strange man on the dance floor. From this moment onwards her world is turned upside down as she is haunted by giant bats and a strange glowing figure in the park outside her bedroom window. As Lucia struggles to work out what is real she must confront her own deep-seated fears about marriage and her desire for a different life.

Her journey towards self-discovery takes Lucia into the glamorous world of the clan, the name given to the vampires that control the world’s financial and political systems to feed their insatiable greed. When she cannot bring herself to become one of them, she is forced to flee for her life with Drake L’amour, the vampire who turned her. Together they are plunged onto  a roller-coaster ride of thrills and terror as they travel from their lover’s hideout in the most inhospitable part of the world to a dark, rat-infested dungeon in Transylvania, and finally to an abandoned mansion in Detroit , Michigan, where rebel vampires are plotting to bring down the clan once and for all.

Eternal Hunger is about one woman’s awakening as her society teeters on the brink of destruction and the unseen forces that have led to this point. Above all this it is a love story as Lucia and Drake L’amour learn what it means to truly care for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment